The Housing Industry: Then and Now
It is always interesting to read articles that compare the housing industry from then and now. When reading this article from MidRivers Newsmagazine by Kevin Meeks, it was incredible to see the difference!
Here's a quick summary of the article:
In the 1950s...
- The average home price was $11,000
- The average square footage was 963 square feet
- Majority had two bedrooms and one bathroom
- Average family size was 3.5 people
- The average square footage is about 2,500 square feet
- Average family size is 2.6 people
- His and her vanities and separate shower enclosures are very popular today
To read the entire article click here. This is MidRiver's Newsmagazines March 9, 2016 Issue.