5 Remodeling Ideas that Will Make Your Kitchen Great for Entertaining
Home entertaining, whether it is dinner parties, barbecues or drink nights, your kitchen needs to provide the right kind of function to pull it off successfully and with ease. You kitchen should not only provide you a place to work, but also the right amount of storage for all your gadgets and ingredients. You will want it to be stylish and functional when people want to sit with you and keep you company.
Designing a kitchen for entertaining comes with planning, of course. More than just the color scheme a little details here and there, space planning is also important. Here are some ideas to consider.
1) Open plan kitchens
The best kind of kitchen, without a doubt, is the one with an open floor plan that allows people to move around freely. Also great for easy transportation of drinks and food to other parts of the home. It also provides guests with easy access to your kitchen when they want to interact with whomever is preparing the food or making the drinks. When a kitchen is closed off, it is extremely hard to move throughout. If you are considering remodeling and have a wall that closes off your kitchen, you may want to consider knocking it down to create a better flow into an adjacent room like your living or dinning rooms.
2) Use islands for seating areas
Islands are ideal for providing extra seating for your guests to gather in the kitchen rather than a formal dining table. The multi-level islands allow guests and yourself to sit or stand while still having a place to rest their drink of appetizer plate. It is also a great place for little ones to sit and eat while adults sit at the larger table. Even better, consider having two islands to give you plenty of space to prepare meals and entertain at the same time. Two islands come in handy when you are preparing large amounts of food or have multiple helping hands throughout the process. Whether for eating food, working, studying or just hanging out, islands are a great fit for any homes kitchen.
3) Small kitchen? Create a separate entertaining space
If you have guests over often and the current layout of your kitchen does not accommodate your needs, see if there is space on the lower level that you can redesign as an entertaining area. While there are other ways to make your kitchen feel bigger, a separate entertaining space can give you a place to keep all of your special appliances, glassware and crockery that you use only when hosting. Have a dedicated beverage center in this space that can provide a place for guests to hangout while leaving your kitchen for food preparation only.
4) Use an adjacent kitchen space for entertaing
If you are lucky enough to have long and narrow space next to your kitchen, why not turn it into a hospitality bar? Add stools or even some lower seating if you have the room so that your guests can be close by without encroaching on your precious kitchen space.
5) Choose useful appliances that make entertaining a breeze
There are many little additions to make to your kitchen or entertaining space that can make your like much easier when it comes to hosting.
- Ice Machine : Restaurants and bars use ice machine and so can you! Constantly refilling ice trays or purchasing bags of ice from your local store can be inconvenient and expensive. The possibility of running out or leaving your guests without a cool beverage can be a damper on the party. Whatever ice cube style you prefer, it is available.
- Coffee Machine : Offering perfectly brewed coffee to your guests at any time of day or night with minimal fuss and almost no effort is something that all hosts dream of. They allow you to brew barista styled coffee with ease and allow you to make single cups at a time, or whatever amount you are needing.
- Warming Drawer : Preparing for a dinner party can mean many hours spent cooking before you guests arrive. If you desire to start when the first doorbell ring hits you will want to have as much done as possible. A warming drawer enables you to prepare dishes and keep them warm until it is time to eat!
- Wine Storage : If you drink a lot of wine or have your own collection, there are many different options for storage. Purchase a wine fridge or create a wine cellar to keep your collection of wine at the right temperature for which ever kind you prefer.
There are a lot of things to think about when designing a kitchen, take time to figure out exactly what is the best fit for you and your lifestyle.